Child Protection Week


We just enjoyed a fantastic 10 day visit from Orthrun, Holger's dear sister all the way from Germany.  She chose to come at the worst time for us... meaning it was really hard to just stop and play.  Christmas is the best time for that... BUT she seems to like getting in there and seeing how we live "normally"

I realised while she was here that not everyone likes facebook and if it is my main means of communication then my family and friends who do not check up my status and home page on facebook will have no idea of what I am up to...

So thanks Orthrun for reminding me that there are people who read my blog and who do not... care for or trust facebook, but care to know me and what I am up to.

Since I started working for Connect Network www.connectnetwork.org.za at the start of the year I have learnt so many new things, met new people and learnt a lot about myself.  It has been an amazing experience that has stretched me to growth places once again and I have loved it mostly...

My highlight of this year has been seeing why I came to the Network and wanted to work with it so badly bearing fruit... we have just gone through Child Protection Week in South Africa and this weekend we end with joining Viva International with the World Weekend of Prayer for CHILDREN at risk.  Events are happening in churches all over the CITY.

At the beginning of the year I walked into the early stages of an advocacy strategy to make communities safe for children.  I got to jump in a dream immediately and to start putting into action some of the plans.  I have had an amazing experience of working with the most amazing team.  It has been busy and it took a lot of work BUT I think we can be happy with how our campaign to make communities safer for children is taking off...

Next phase includes youth/child participation and working out the rest of this journey with amazing organisations and churches.

I am a activist for children's rights and safety and I am loving getting to be fully me :)

Comments