Promise Keeper

I would like to give a testimony of how faithful our God is.  He is truly a good Father…
When the reality of our circumstances became painfully clear to us as we prepared our budget for the court for the adoption procedure two weeks ago.  I was shocked, as was Holger… there were very real indicators at the beginning of the year that we had enough. We also had no idea how expensive this year has been so far.

After I wrote the blog the other day, I found myself doubting I had done the right thing… was it wise to let people know how vulnerable we are?  What if we were never supposed to open our home?  What if this mess is all our fault?

Thursday, I spent a large part of the day going back and forth in my head about the journey, the mess up, the failure on our part, the let-down…

On Friday morning I had a coffee date that had been set up a month ago with a stranger I had never met, but a mutual friend thought it was a great idea that we do coffee….  The lady has fostered two children and she is single, works for a church and … for two solid hours we could not stop talking about the journey we are both on.  We shared highs and lows and it was just so lovely to hang with her and know that although we had just met, we had so much in common.

On Saturday I went to a workshop, also something I had set up a month ago.  As I sat in the living room of my dear friend Santhea, I was reminded of the last time I was in her living room and I had got a prophetic word from Rose Rode.  A word that was so spot on it scared me… the day after that word I flew to the CAFO summit in Pretoria.  Representatives from all over Africa had met to discuss the orphan crisis.  At this conference on the Monday was the day I felt God give me the challenge to open my home.  I have discussed this in another blog.  It was not an easy “yes” I gave God that day, but I trusted that He would make a way.

Fast forward to three years ago, we were in the process of meeting with Kin Culture and things were falling into place for us to move on the farm and open our home miraculously.  As discussed in my previous blog it was like a match made in heaven…

Fast forward to the present, you read where we are in the previous blog! 

You have now read my regret about sharing how I was feeling on Thursday…

Something is amiss!

One thing that is clear, our family as it is, is meant to be!  We are a unit, we love each other… we are good together, in fact, we are really good together.  Our story of how we were put together is so beautiful and I find myself getting really stirred speaking about it if anyone asks me, like I had the opportunity on Friday morning.  I was overwhelmed of feelings of love for my family as I spoke.

So, remembering the word I got 5 years ago, the conference, the fact that my whole world changed the day after I gave God my yes, the exact same day Richard Maybery my boss died! 

I came back into the room as the workshop started…

In short what I want to say happened for me on Saturday was,
God speaking to me about the promise I made and how committed He is to be fulfilling it.  He asked me to open my home and I did, He put our family together and boy did He do an incredible job with that… and He gave me a promise that He would take care of us and that the reason He asked me to share is because of what He is about to do…  I do not know how to summarise the morning in a blog, but God spoke to me… about promise.

The promise that He is a promise keeper brought a deep hope….

Do we have all we need yet to keep our home or keep our kids in the amazing school they are in…till the end of the year at least... no!  BUT we have friends that have sowed in faith with us, commitment of friends to do more to help… slowly promise of provision trickles in.  I have two opportunities to do two weeks training soon.  Yes, I believe God can make a way for us to make money too!

I am learning so much about community and why it takes a village and I just want to say THANK YOU!

I have hope that whatever happens… it will be good!  God keeps HIS promises

Comments