Reflecting on process

I think I gave my parents a clue when I was a little girl, that there was either a teacher, pastor or politician hidden in me that needed to be called out and developed.  In my primary school years Friday was the day we got sweets and I would always play with them first.  I would always play "classroom"... or church or court!

Well as a "middle-age" adult now and having spent the last few days intently preparing for training I will do for YWAM in The Netherlands, I am strangely aware that I am alive in the dream... I love learning, I love coming up with creative ways to teach what I know, I love training!

The last two years have been an extreme life classroom.  Holger and I studied together for a whole year in 2016 and on that journey to and fro from college we talked and talked and talked... talked about what we were learning, where we were going in life and importantly what dream we held in our hearts that had not been fulfilled yet..

Yes, you can guess it...

It had to do with family.  It had to do with practicing what we preach.  We moved quite quickly to making our convictions practical and now we have 7 children and no real time to study.  However, we have both been given opportunities recently that has forced us to sit and reflect on what we believe as we have to facilitate learning spaces in the next few weeks.

We do, we learn, we reflect, we do...  this is how we are wired the cycle continues.  Acting first is not always ideal.  Learning is inevitable!.

I am reflecting on my learning in the last two years and that not just from what I have read, but what I have experienced.  I find myself learning the theory after the practice/experience made sense.  I am learning afresh that learning is happening all the time.  I love finding theories that fit with what I know to be true from life experience.

I am beyond excited to share how the last two years have impacted Resilient Kids material.  Watch this space.

Thank you Joke for inviting me to come and teach at the Children At Risk School.  It gave me time to meditate on how rich my schooling has been.  I am looking forward to sharing it all.

Thank you Chantal for inviting Holger to facilitate on the level 2...

Our teacher hearts are happy!


Comments