The Vocal Side

I never realised till very recently that the church I belong to now puts preaches on-line.  These are the two messages I have shared this year in the context of intimate church space.

I wanted to share them on my blog because my readers are my circle of support.  The preaches are unedited and probably should be... especially when you hear me responding to "Beloved" as he was shouting 'mama, mama, mama..."  from the back of the church as I was preaching...sadly you only hear me.
I also share some very personal and intimate information about the children in my care.  I have gone through an ethical dilemma about this.  Is it fair and right to speak so openly about them and their struggles?  Is it fair to share that with you...

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to share the messages on my blog for the sake of the vulnerability and value of the children I love and the care I want them to know.  I am aware that I share their stories and our story unfolding with them, but in the long run of this journey this year... God has challenged me to raise a standard of care around children who have been rejected and have no voice. Their stories are beautiful ones with a rescuing God redeeming the horrible things that have happened to them and my prayer is that they will find no shame in it all... as they discover as they get older that their mama (for this season) "was" never ashamed of them and in turn that they should never be ashamed of themselves.

These messages were not meant to be a series.  I did not realise how much they go together until I heard them again ... much of a thread is being pulled... it is far from over.  My heart is being challenged and my faith is growing!

This is my story of my walk with God and with these kids and with my local church this year if you care to hear.

Part 1 Narrative Preach number 1


Part 2 Narrative Preach number 2

Comments