Confessions of a Disgruntled Activist

Oh how quickly man forgets.   Unbelievable that in a lifetime spanning just forty years that one can see history repeating itself…  the outcomes may be slightly different and the world is a lot different but the similarities are uncanny.
Problem for me is I do not forget, I have tried to but cannot forget…
In a previous blog I mentioned a visit to parliament that really shook me in June this year.  I wrote about being a bit shattered by the experience and also how I determined to keep living well despite what I had seen and heard.
Problem is that after I left South Africa for a month in July for a seminar and amazing time with family in Germany I returned home to face what I had left behind.  Also came back to too much work and the problem of not enough time and me wanting to more than ever put first things first.
The last four months have been filled with much activity, very little blogging and much journaling… and the growing gnawing feeling like I am overwhelmed and there is just too much to do!
I realised in church yesterday as I stood up and sang that me denying the reality of the pain I feel inside is not helping anyone.  It is time I really face it, name it and work it for all those who have no voice and find a way to appropriately and effectively raise my voice on their behalf.

Comments

Post a Comment