Heidi Baker...

In 2008 I was in a 'crisis of caring' in the work I do in the community.  I was tired, really tired of feeding the poor, clothing the children, and all the other 'tasks' I did and knowing I was lacking the edge that set me a part from the other "good" people around me doing the same stuff and that did not even believe in God.  I started asking some hard questions...

I wanted to see the kingdom break out.  I wanted to see poverty turning not only in the community but in the heart of the people...  I wanted to see Isaiah 61.

I had a heart for orphans and it had everything to do with anyone of any age who did not have a father.

I was asked if I knew Heidi Baker at this time.  I had never heard of her. I had not heard of Iris.  I was desperate...

I googled her and saw she had written a few books.  I drove around Cape Town buying the books, a dvd and read her blog, Roland's blog and decided that I would go to Mozambique to meet them.  Every one close to me should remember this season.

Well, I realised soon that God had used Heidi in a deep way in my life.  I had been influenced by her love for people, her faith and miracles, her view of God... I knew then why people thought I should read her books and meet her. BUT it did not work out for me to meet her or to go to an Iris base.

Slowly my world started changing... my message started changing.  My heart started changing...  I started experiencing the kingdom breaking in on my community work.  I let go the dream to meet her... I did not feel I had to anymore...

BUT

Last night I met her.  Last night I heard her speak.  Last night... was amazing.

I was deeply impacted...

I understand now why people thought I should meet her.


Comments